* We left Reston a week ago for the beach. When we left Northern Virginia it was drizzly, damp and cold.
And, as we returned from the beach on Sunday night we were welcomed by summer like temperatures! It feels like we got hardly no nice spring days this year. We skipped spring and jumped right into summer...
* I have got to fix up my garden. Today, I will make my little garden a cozy oasis again. I do love puttering around in the soil, planting flowers and see them all grow.
I love filling up all my pots with flowers and plants. I even enjoy weeding if it is not too much.
Today, I think it'll be a little trip to the nursery. It is time!
* The nature is so beautiful right now. Everything is in bloom! I am in awe during my power walks. I should have my camera glued to me at all times. I do not want to miss a thing.
It was a bit hard for me to go away to the beach during the most beautiful time of the year in the DC-area. But, what the heck??? I cannot let some flowers rule my life, hahaha!
* How sick and tired are you of the upcoming royal wedding in London? I AM!! The US has a crazy love for the British royals. It is all the media is talking about right now; the WEDDING, the DRESS, the GUEST LIST etc, etc...
I get so tired. But, I just skip all that stuff. However, it is kind of hard to avoid since IT IS everywhere you look.
But, I am not a royalist either, I was so sick of the royal wedding in Sweden last June as well.
Call me a party pooper, if you like...
But, I will check out HER DRESS!!! Heck, I even had a dream about that DRESS!! ME!! A dream about a royal wedding dress (I AM telling you; this wedding is really EVERYWHERE)!!THE DRESS in my dream consisted of a white , wide skirt, a burlap jacket and she wore RED tights...
* Today my dad in Stockholm is turning 78!! My dear dad! His present from me will arrive when I bring it this summer.
I hope PAPPA will have a really nice day today with a long walk, maybe a picnic in the sun, a good dinner, cake and maybe a whiskey to top off the day! Happy Birthday!!! Grattis på DIN dag!
* We had ONE rainy, damp and cold day at the beach. Peter claims that a rainy day at the beach beats a sunny day in the office (but I don't know if that is true). We took advantage of the bad weather and went to see "Water for Elephants". What a great movie. We loved it. Peter and I have read the book as well. We really did think that the casting was great!
* Time for me to take my PW and to enjoy the morning for all it is worth (today I am bringing the Canon-cam so tomorrow it WILL be current pics posted on this blog)