It feels like it is always Tuesday, or Friday (for that matter), those are the two days I blog on a theme. Not that the Tuesday posts necessarily have a theme, but still…
Time flies, and what else is new?? YOU tell me!
• I despise daylight savings time (sommartid for my Swedish readers). It was hard for Karolina to roll out of bed even before we sat the clock forward one hour. NOW I feel so bad for her. It is dark, yet again, when I drop her off at school at 7 AM. Stop the insanity with DST!! It is so stupid and disruptive.
• My PW’s have to wait a bit these mornings as well. I do not want to walk in the dark. No, I DO NOT! Especially since I always have my iPod blaring into my ears while walking. I can’t hear what’s going on around me. All right, Annika, turn the volume down maybe, you say? NO, I don’t really feel like doing that either. The music keeps my energy and pace going.
• When I was walking yesterday I came to this remote spot in the forest. All of a sudden I felt uneasy. I don’t know what it was that made me feel that way, but it was not pleasant. I am never scared, or anything, while out walking. I have no idea what triggered that feeling yesterday. However, today I will take another route. Call me strange, that is OK…
• I am obsessed with my new little baby. I cannot take my hands of it. My new baby is my new camera and I am constantly taking pictures with it. Well, maybe not ALL the time, but it is so much fun experimenting with said camera.
• It is far too easy to subscribe to magazines in this country. Especially if you do it thru Amazon.com. You get constant e-mails from them (Amazon) with super low subscription rates. You know, we’re talking five bucks a year for a subscription, and that is cheap. I have to stop myself. What magazines do I subscribe to? Marie Claire, Real Simple, Rachael Ray and Popular Photography. Well, those will have to do. For now. I am a sucker for Amazon in general.
• Hydrangeas are my favorite flower/plant of all time. I have the most beautiful Hydrangea plants in my garden. They thrive outside my place. I don’t know what it is in the soil here, but they just love it. However, a good friend of mine gave me a Hydrangea plant in a pot recently. It was blooming and looked so lovely. I have it in my window sill, but it is not doing well. I think it is dying. I have tried so many things with it, but I think I am losing it. It is a fact; I cannot take care of house plants whatsoever. Something is wrong with me. TOO BAD that it is too early in the season to plant it outside. Or maybe it isn’t? I don’t have anything to lose in trying to save it.
Pictures from 2009
• Oh, and nature is till ugly as sin as I write this. The colors are beige, gray and brown. Still winter colors. I am so looking forward to colors now, to green grass and all that. But, on the other hand I know I will get it so soon. So why long so much?
• All right, I am signing out for this Tuesday! Time to drive to school, play with my baby and then do a few errands inside the house, and outside the house…
Have a good one, People!!