This week my English entry will be nothing but this questionnaire. Sara wrote about it, and filled it out, on her blog yesterday. She was saying that she's not so keen on getting questionnaires like this kind over e-mail.
I am her opposite; I have always liked to get these kinds of “Get-to-know-you” mails. I feel like you do learn something about the person in reading the questions and the answers. I also think it is fun to fill out these questionnaires.
But, I know thru experience that people usually do not respond to e-mails like this one.
Thru the years I have received so many questionnaires like this one below over e-mail. I have replied to each and every one of them, sent them out to a huge group of friends, and got so very few in return. I guess most people just don’t like them; my guess is that they feel it is a huge waste of time to reply to these e-mails. Too bad, I think.
Of all my friends I have only a few that like the questionnaires as much as I do. I you can always count on them. Now, when I receive an e-mail with a “Get-to-know-you” theme I only reply to the person that it came from. I don’t bother sending it out to anyone else anymore.
Now, in the blogging world you’ll find lists and questionnaires in a lot of places. FUN for a person like me to read them!!! AND fun for a person like me to fill in the blanks.
So here it goes: feel free to copy it. IF you feel like it, that is.
1. What time is it? 8:15.
2. Name? Annika
3. What are you most afraid of? Getting sick, or that any of my loved ones will get sick.
4. What type of car do you own? A Volvo s-60 that I love, and Grand Jeep Cherokee that I hate.
5. Have you ever seen a ghost? Yes, and heard a ghost as well. I am a true believer.
6. Where were you born? Stockholm, Sweden
7. Ever been to Alaska? No, but I would love to go! Peter and I already have plans to go there in a couple of years
8. Ever been toilet paper decorating in trees? No
9. Croutons or Bacon Bits? Croutons
10. Favorite day of the week? Friday
11. Favorite restaurant? Morton’s Steakhouse, for special occasions. But my favorite “every day” place is Clyde’s.
12. Favorite flower? Hmmm….Hard question, but roses, hydrangeas and “blåklockor” are lovely.
13. Favorite sport to watch? Skiing, and figure skating
14. Favorite Drink(s)? Cosmopolitan and Cabernet Sauvignon. Non-alcoholic: Ice tea, Vanilla latte from Starbucks, and hot tea.
15. Favorite Ice cream? Licorice ice cream!!! The kind you get in Finland! Hands down the best ice cream in the world. Buy it at “Tina’s Glass” in Närpes and you are in for a treat! Ingman’s, a Finnish brand of ice cream, also have a GREAT licorice ice cream.
16. Disney or Warner Brothers? Duh! Disney (same here, Sara)
17. Favorite fast food restaurant? Quiznos
18. What color is your bedroom carpet? Beige crap, hate it!!
19. How many times have you failed your driver's test? None
20. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? E-mail: Anette. Blog comment: Matilda
21. What do you do most often when you are bored? Blog, or read blogs…Oh, and sure, I can also pick up a book or watch something on Comcast’s “On Demand”
22. Bedtime? 10:30 to 11:00ish (ditto, Sara)
23. Favorite TV show? Grey’s and American Idol.
24. Ford or Chevy? Ford
25. What are you listening to right now? The heat coming out of the vent, and the snow melting outside, drip, drip, drip…(Sad, I don’t want to see it go, I can have winter at least two more weeks)
26. What are your favorite colors? Blue
27. How many tattoos do you have? none
28. Do you have any pets? Nope, but I wish we could have a cat. But, we are allergic, both Peter and I.
29. Which came first the chicken or the egg? this is a trick question, indeed it is…
30. What would you like to accomplish before you die? I already have my beautiful, wonderful daughter. That is my accomplishment.