This is a lovely week, in my opinion, the week before Thanksgiving. It puts you so “in the mood” for the season we have upon us!
I, the Christmas-Freak am now grabbing every single issue that I own of old “Amelia Jul”, a Swedish Christmas magazine that I love deeply. Right now I am eagerly waiting for my Mother to send me this year’s issue.
Yes, Annika the FREAK is at it again. Today we’ll talk Christmas movies, an interesting subject indeed this time of the year….
I would like to know what movie YOU like the best. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?
Personally I don’t think I can pick just one, so let me just list a few…
• Love Actually (I am totally and utterly in love with this beautiful movie. It gets me deep every time I watch it, and pretty soon it is time for me to watch it again. Cannot wait)
• National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (Ett päron till farsa firar jul).
(I totally LOVE this movie. It cracks me up every time I watch it. Chevy Chase at his very best…AND, let us not forget Randy Quaid as cousin Eddie)
• A Christmas Carol (need I say more, love it lots)
• When Harry met Sally (all right, all right I know it is not a pure-breed Christmas movie, yet it has so many aspects of Christmas that I totally love. Christmas, fall AND NYC, my favorite ingredients)
• Home Alone 1 and 2. (Christmas spirit grande)
• Santa Clause 1 and 2, and maybe 3 (With Tim Allen as Santa. I so love these movies. Funny and packed with loads of Christmas spirit)
• The Holiday (one of my favorite movies starring Kate Winslet (love her) and Cameron Diaz. This is a movie I want for Christmas. Peter, are you reading this?)
• Trading Places ( Great holiday movie with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd)
• A Walt Disney Christmas (Lots of short Disney movies packed into one dvd. I can also tell all of you Americans that in Sweden, on Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve being our most important day during the whole Christmas season; at 3 PM the whole country comes to a stand-still. This is when said Walt Disney Christmas airs on Swedish Television, and it has for some 40 years. The whole country of Sweden plans Christmas Eve around “Donald Duck”. Funny, funny…)
These are a few of my favorite Christmas movies. I have some Swedish Christmas movie favorites as well, but I think I’ll bring them up in a later post.
I have YET to watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” the true American Christmas Classic; I just have not gotten around to it yet. Sounds weird? I know…
So now I would like to know; what is YOUR favorite Christmas movie?
This is my favorite scene from Love Actually. When she (Emma Thompson) realizes that the neck lace she cought her hubby buying IS NOT FOR HER. It is so sad, and so hard to watch in a way. Yet is shows more real than any other scene in the entire movie. Emma Thompson is a top notch actress. And the song is to die for...One of my favorite of all times...
AND..PS…Please, please, please wear reflectors when you are OUT WALKING AFTER DARK!!! It is so hard to see you while driving. ALMOST impossible! Buy some reflectors, keep them in your pocket and please, for YOUR own safety, put them on if YOU ARE OUT WALKING AFTER DARK!!!!!
In Sweden and in Scandinavia reflectors are a MUST!!! Everybody uses them, kids and grown ups alike! Please, please do the same here!! ALL OF YOU!!!