The weeks tend to fly by. Pretty soon it’ll be Christmas.
But, first things first, Thanksgiving.
I made a little list of things I am thankful for.
Just random stuff, in random order.
* I am thankful for my own little family. Thankful to be married to Peter, one of the best men alive. Thankful for Karolina, my wise-beyond-years, brave daughter.
* I am thankful for my family in Sweden. They are always on my mind and forever present.
* I am thankful for my American family. Also, thankful that my father in law seems to deal so well with his new life situation.
* I am thankful for my friends. All my friends. Without good friends life would not be good. At all. Life would be empty and dark without them.
* I am thankful for good neighbors.
* I am thankful for my humble abode by the golf course. Maybe not the most hip and up-to-date home, but I love it. It is my place. A place with a lovely view. I love that I can make it so cozy. I love that I love it so much, even though I get tired of bits and pieces at times.
* I am thankful for owning a summer house located at a place I love more than life itself.
* I am thankful for my relative health and my strength. Sure, I might have a knee that is destroyed by severe osteoarthritis, but the rest of my body is fine and strong (Or so I think and assume). I will be able to get thru surgery thanks to my will and good physique. Or, so I hope :-)
* I am thankful for my deep joy and my ability to be very childish and super excited. May I never lose that.
* I am thankful to have two countries to call my home.
* I am thankful to live in a diverse, and multicultural, part of the USA.
* I am thankful for being able to lead the life I live.
* I am thankful for the readers, and commentators, of this blog. Without you, my friends, I would not write a single sentence here.
* I am thankful for “stuff” like my car, computer, iPhone, camera, Apple TV, FaceTime and to have stuff most people take for granted; like a washer, dryer and dish washer among many other things.
* I am thankful for wifi and the world wide web that keep me in touch with friends, family and the world thru online papers, radio programs, TV programs and pod casts etc.
* I am thankful that reading glasses exist in this world ;-)
* I am thankful for health insurance (my knee surgery is scheduled now. I have a date).
* I am thankful for cortisone shots. THE one I got has really helped my knee. Now I can walk without limping like a 90 year old. Now I limp, like the crippled 50 year old that I am, haha.
I can make this list so much longer.
But, I’ll stop here!
What are you thankful for?
Take a moment and reflect over the beautiful things in your life.