This blog has opened so many doors for me!
This blog has given me so many new friends!
When I started blogging 2½ years ago I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that my blog would be the gateway to so much fun!
But it has been! AND, it is!
And look what Londongirl ( a blogger in Stockholm, that I have also met IRL) sent me!! LOOK at this!!
A paradise for a Swedish alien living in the states! Look at all the magazines she sent me! All with the emphasis on Christmas!
Swedish Christmas is something SPECIAL!! You tend to miss your home country a lot during the holidays. Swedish Christmas ha so much to offer, so many traditions, so much coziness…It is simply---lovely!!
Now I can read these wonderful magazines and be inspired.
And Londongirl ALSO sent me a traditional count-down-to-Christmas candle. When growing up we all had these candles, and most Swedes today have them in their homes. What a surprise!!
SO, I got seven Swedish magazines with Christmas themes, a countdown candle and three bags of marshmallow Santa’s!
Thanks Londongirl! THANK YOU!!!!
And now it is time for one of those lists that I have seen on so many blogs lately!
8 favorite TV-shows:
1. Biggest Loser, my favorite TV show by the moment. SO inspiring!
2. Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style, I am so in love with Tim Gunn. He is right in everything he does, and says. I like make-over shows over all. And I believe in showing off your best features. ALWAYS!
3. Grey’s Anatomy. But, I have to admit; I am getting tired of it.
4. House Hunters on HGTV. My favorite show on the Home and Garden Network.
5. Jon and Kate+8. Do you think you can handle a set of twins and set of sextuples? Jon and Kate can!!
6. Project Runway. Tim Gunn (again) and the ICE queen herself; Heidi Klum.
7. Sex and the City. I am sorry; I am forever a SATC girl!
8. Amazing Race. I am still a big fan after all these years.
8 things I did yesterday:
1. Fixed breakfast for my Swedish gal-pals! We had glögg, too. Non-alcoholic due to the early morning, but still…
2. Some laundry.
3. Went to Tyson’s Corner with Karolina. Christmas shopping, you know!!
4. Decorated my home some more for Christmas
5. I called my BELOVED Aunt.
6. Drove Karolina to her drama class.
7. I made scallop linguini for dinner.
8. I wrote this blog post
8 things that I am looking forward to:
1. To get my Christmas decorating over with.
3. For a deeply beloved loved one to feel better.
5. A friend’s Christmas party.
6. To see the production Karolina’s drama group has been working on.
7. For Peter to have some time off.
8. To see my family.
8 Favorite restaurants:
1. Morton’s Steakhouse. Forever a favorite!
2. Gramercy Tavern in NYC. CLASS all the way!!!
3. Clyde’s. A perennial favorite.
4. Kungsholmen in Stockholm. Cozy and GREAT!
5. L’auberge chez Francois. Good French food in a super cozy environment in Great Falls, VA.
6. Cafesano. Everyday great food in nearby South Lakes in Reston.
7. Zeferlli’s. Great Italian food in Herndon, VA
8. Cosi. Nice sandwich place.
8 things on my wish list:
2. A bright future for my whole family.
3 . A pair of kick ass Christian Louboutin boots.
4. An apartment in Stockholm.
5. To have lots of visitors from Sweden during the upcoming year.
6. To tighten up my body.
7. A snowy and cold winter.
8. Many laughs and happy times with family and friends.
And now I wish you a very good Tuesday, and I hope each and everyone has a good day!
if you feel like running this list on your blog; be my guest!! But let me know so that I can come and check it out!