What a great weekend it’s been in my neck of the woods.
Karolina arrived at 5:15 Saturday morning. Both Peter and I picked her up at Dulles Airport.
We drove home and Karolina went straight to bed, as we knew she would.
Peter and I did not return to bed, we took a long walk instead.
It was humid as anything, so we were drenched once we returned home.
Later that day we went out to lunch.
All we talked about was the upcoming wedding.
There are still a lot of things to do.
Our basement is full of stuff that we will bring up to New Jersey and the wedding in less than a month.
Anyway, we did do other things as well.
Saturday evening we went to nearby Wolf Trap National Park Center for the Performing Arts to see The Concert: a Tribute to ABBA.
And what an evening it was. SO great, so full of energy, so plain fantastic in every way!
The weather was sunny and so very hot and humid.
Hey, it is August, what does one expect? But it is a bit trying, to be honest.
Phew, we were drenched in sweat long before we crossed the gates to the venue.
We found a good spot on the grass, and we just plumped down.
When you get lawn tickets you are free to bring a picnic and alcohol to the grounds. You can also buy food and drinks at the venue.
We always get tickets on the lawn. You can get tickets to the House as well, but we like to hang on the lawn, eating and drinking before the performances start.
One good word for Wolf Trap is cozy!!
It is so special being there on a hot summer night (yea, it is ALWAYS hot during Wolf Trap season), to sit on the lawn on a blanket together with hundreds of others, it gets darker and darker as the evening progresses.
Wolf Trap can be very magical with the stars in the sky and all the people that are there watching the same concert as you are.
The lawn crowd.
And I was in seventh heaven. What a tribute band!!! And to my surprise they were ALL from Sweden!! I had NO idea of that beforehand. That fact only made the entire experience even better.
I did not recognize any of their names, expect one—Mike Watson! Mike Watson used to be the bassist for ABBA when they toured the world, he played in the band.
AND later Mike Watson, in the early 80’s, formed the band Little Mike and his soul music band.
I loved that band!! Many of you Swedes remember them, they used to perform a lot on TV, and all the members were amongst the best musicians Sweden had those days.
My friends and I used to go to “Karlssons” in Stockholm when they performed there. It was fabulous and so much fun seeing them on stage.
Karlssons was their home base.
Instead of lighters everyone waved their mobile flashlights.
It was an entire evening of people dancing and singing along.
I did know every single song the band sang by heart. My voice was gone after that evening. What a crowd and what a band!
The band had that significant ABBA sound down to a T.
If I could, I would gladly go see them again. They are touring in the US until mid fall.
The concert lasted about two hours, I could EASILY have stayed for two more.
Karolina loves ABBA as much as I do.
I know, for a fact, that it will be loads of ABBA songs at the wedding.
For Karolina’s generation it was the Mamma Mia movies that appealed to them so very much!
ABBA’s star never fades. Their music is as LOVED today as it was in the 70s.
The best part of the evening, the music, the sing-and-dance-along and the crowd!!
For me, I think this is the best concert I have ever seen at Wolf Trap.
What an evening!!
Have a very, very good August Tuesday!






Comments
Tänk att det är mindre än en månad kvar till den stora dagen, tycker det inte var sååå länge sedan du skrev om när de bokade tid och plats och nu är det snart dags.
Vilken härlig konsert ni var på, ABBA kommer nog aldrig att glömmas bort, så kul att även den yngre generationen gillar den musiken. Snnygg T-shirt Peter har säger jag som gillar DIF, kanske hjärntvättad av sonen i alla år, ha ha. Han är en trogen DIF:are och har så varit sen han var liten.
Så kul att kvällen var så lyckad och att få en så fin upplevelse av ABBA-musik i två timmar, låter härligt. Ett fint minne för er alla att stoppa i minnesbanken.
Ha en fin tisdag
Kramar!
Jag gillade också Mike Watson och hans band, de utstrålade sådan musikglädje och energi att mådde bra av att höra dem.
Kramar /Humlan
IDAG är det exakt en månad och tanken svindlar. Fattar det INTE.
Konserten var helt underbar!! Vilken energi den gav! Känns som om ABBA går hem i alla åldrar. Det var tjejer runt 10-12 som dansade på gången nedanför oss till närapå varenda låt och bredvid dem dansade (som vi tror, deras mormor med en tjejkompis)--så härligt att se.
JAAA, jag gillar också Peters tröja!!! Rätt lag och allt.
Jag är hjärntvättad av min bröder, de är galna DIF-are, precis som din son!
Yvonne, ha en fortsatt jättebra tisdag! KRAMAR!!
Little Mike ... var ju såååå bra. OCH så otroligt skickliga. Vilka musiker i det bandet, och sångerskor. Har laddat ner flera låtar på Spotify.
Kramar till dig!
KRAMAR!!
KRAMAR till dig! Anna