Thanks to the feedback I got last week I will continue to write “This Week” for a bit longer.
• I am a bit taken aback from the results in the Swedish election Sunday. It is a bit hard to understand that a new party is now about to enter the parliament (they got 5.7% of the votes). The Sweden Democrats are very right wing, and super narrow minded. This is a scary, new trend that seems to sweep over Europe now. The Sweden Democrat party is actually a tad bit like the tea party here in the US. And now Sweden has a party of their own with these idiots as well. Interesting, and scary, to see how it will all play out.
But, I am also very happy to see all the demonstrations that are taking place, and to hear how upset people are, how they are all sticking together, even though they did not vote for the same party. People do unite right now, from left to right. I don’t think the new party, the Sweden Democrats, will last longer than four years (until the next election), I really don’t think so.
• Lately I have had this deep craving for beets (rödbetor). I want to eat them boiled with salt and butter. I am craving it badly. Where can I find beets? Fresh ones? I have to go find some. TODAY. No, I am not pregnant. Promise! I also feel like eating collard greens…My father in law, Pete, makes the best tasting collards in the world. Looking forward to Thanksgiving already, that is when he makes them. I could eat only collard that day and be happy (well, maybe not quite the truth, but…).
• I am so looking forward to my sister’s and her family’s arrival in about a month! The calendar is filling up. We’ll have so much fun. SO much for them to see (first time in the US for Håkan, my b-i-l).
• Which means it will be a heck of a lot of sightseeing, but also visits to super good restaurants and vineries. Looking forward to it all. SO much! Karolina has a calendar where she counts down the days. Oh, and how on earth could I forget to mention SHOPPING in above sentences!!! Shopping is a must for visiting Euro-people.
• WHY is it so hard to come up with ideas for every day dinners? I like to cook. A lot. But, when it comes to the daily grind of making dinner I am so stuck in a rut. Drives me crazy. It is the same ten meals repeated over and over again. And, meanwhile the web is full of solutions, and so are my cook books. Gaah, it is hard. As I said, I don’t mind cooking one bit, I just need NEW ideas.
• I want to make a bonfire out of my summer clothes. I am so SICK of them. I want to put them in the far back of the closet, and I don’t want to see them until April. SO sick of flimsy t-shirts, shorts and sundresses. Oh, and I have done a lot of shopping damage already and I am so looking forward to start wearing those clothes!!
All right. I am out of hear. I have found this nice, new walking path here in Reston that I am about to enter today!
Have a good one!!