* Summer is here!
I am sorta kinda ready. BUT I have one big thing to do, and that is to switch my wardrobe from winter to summer.
When doing that I am BRUTAL!! Everything that I have not worn for a year just has to go. No mercy!
I’ll toss some of the clothes, some I’ll donate, and some I’ll give to one of my good friends. My friend can look at “my pile of old clothes” and pick whatever she wants. No problems for her, no problems for me.
* Yesterday at a much thinned out Swedish breakfast (Lotta was busy painting at home, and Susanna was at home with a sick child) we talked about gardening. Sara and I enjoy it a lot. Sara said that every time she starts looking at plants, and planning her garden, her heart beats faster. I agree; fixing up your yard and planting flowers is SO nice!
To me, sitting there working with your hands, digging in the soil is rewarding. I like that. A lot!!
Too bad that it all falls to pieces when I go to Scandinavia for the summer. My dearest hubby is not so keen on gardening. And that is OK.
He does loads of other stuff while I am gone.
Luckily Ingrid takes care of my plants when I am gone. I am thankful for that.
My dad, the master gardener, and I agree that Impatiens (Flitiga Lisa, in Swedish) are as boring as anything. If I had my way I would not plant them at all. But they love this area, and they grow big. So I plant them regardless. However, when fall rolls around I am SO ready for them to die. Impatiens are probably my least favorite flower in my garden, but I plant them in shadowy spots.
I still have more to do in my little yard, like putting plants into pots. Maybe I’ll do that later on today.
My least favorite plant...a poor Impatient that I've just planted outside...
* The Dogwoods are in bloom right now. Dogwood is Virginia’s state tree and probably the most beautiful tree that I know.
Even more beautiful than the Magnolia, if you can believe that. It blooms in a color spectrum from whitest white to deepest pink!
* HAHA, guess what happened to me, the 43 year old, on Friday night!?
We went to a restaurant and I ordered a glass of wine. The waitress came back and asked for my ID!!!
Thanks honey!! But did you really think I was under 21?
It happened to me a Safeway a while ago, too. The dude behind the counter wanted to see my ID when I was buying wine. What a joke.
But it feels good to be 43 and still get carded!
* Busy production week for us.
Karolina has her play on Sunday and she has rehearsals and photo shoots almost every night this week.
The annual production is a big thing! A fun thing! This marks Karolina’s fifth year in drama. She loves it! And I am so glad that she’s so into it.
My very own little actress.
* Lucky me! I just learned that I will have company on my flight to Sweden this summer. Fellow blogger Anette, and her daughter, from Manassas will be on the same flight as me and Karolina on June 27. Who knows? Maybe I’ll have company on our way back to the US on August 16 as well? We’ll see. Lately I’ve been lucky in that regard, having company on flights!
It will be fun to have a blog-get-together on the flight over to Denmark. Yes, I always fly via Copenhagen when going to Sweden.
Anyway, that is enough rambling from me today!
I hope you all have a great Tuesday!